Monday, March 15, 2010

Breakfast time!


Good morning everyone!  I never really get the chance to enjoy a good breakfast, so I decided to treat myself to something delicious (I deserve it, right?).  Well my favorite breakfast of all time is Eggs Benedict, but since Hollandaise sauce = cellulite, I decided to make a light version of it.  The ingredients you will need are as follows:

2 eggs
2 slices bread (I used french baguette)
butter or margarine
cheese (I used a Greek cheese called Ladotiri but you can use any type of cheese you like to add some protein)

Fill a small pan with 1/4 inch of water and put on a burner on medium - high heat.  Once the water starts to steam a bit (then you know it's hot!) carefully break the eggs into the water.  Let cook until the tops turn an opaque-white.  The water will literally boil over the eggs and it takes about 5 minutes for them to cook.  Toast up the 2 slices of bread in the toaster to your desired darkness.  Cut up a couple cubes of cheese.  I put some Olivio Light on my slices of french baguette to add a little flavor, and placed the poached eggs on top once they were done cooking.  Serve with the cheese and voila, a light and easy version of eggs benedict!  The poached eggs are a great alternative to fried, and taste very similar to soft boiled eggs without the hassle of having to peel them.  All in all it was a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment