Thursday, March 11, 2010

first blog!


hello everyone! I'm new to blogging so please bare with me as I get the hang of it. I wanted to start this blog to share my recipes, restaurant reviews, products that I use at home, and in general anything related to good food, good drinks, and of course all the good people you share those things with. I hope I can inspire everyone to start experimenting in the kitchen and cooking more. I started cooking when I first moved out and went to college, at 18 years old. Up until then, the only things I had "cooked" were fried eggs and macaroni and cheese (out of a box!). I remember the sense of accomplishment I felt when I made my first spaghetti with bolognese sauce (my mom's recipe), my first batch of chocolate chip cookies (again- my mom's recipe!), or even my first Thanksgiving Dinner (cooking turkey wasn't as hard as I thought). As you can probably tell, my cooking inspiration and idol had always been my mom. She cooked delicious meals for us growing up, and was the baker in the family who was responsible for bringing pies and desserts to all the holiday gatherings. I like to think I got my interest for cooking, and of course eating, from her.

Eat up all the recipes I share and feel free to leave comments. I'd love to hear how you did if you tried making any of them. I love hosting dinners, so please enjoy my table d'hôte and bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment